Our Client, a high-achieving, professional and friendly place to work, is looking for a Finance Manager.
This position provides financial leadership, support, and analysis to the plant management team. This position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all financial reporting, overseeing the execution of the standard control processes for all financial transactions, and providing financial support for all capital projects.
- Coach and develop a team of 4 professionals who are responsible for:
- All daily, monthly, and weekly reporting of plant results
- Weekly and monthly forecast updates for overheads and direct product costs
- Supporting an effective control environment at the facility
- Development of new product costing and ensure production costs accurately reflect the manufacturing process
- Be an active business partner to the plant operations team including:
- Interpreting financial results, and providing analysis to plant management and operations leadership
- Identifying, recommending, and supporting cost improvement opportunities in line with the plant’s culture of continuous improvement
- Providing financial analysis for business cases to support capital projects
- Managing the budgeting process for the direct product cost and overheads
- On-site responsibility to ensure accounting procedures adhere to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and approved corporate policies.
- Provide guidance and coaching to non-finance managers regarding issues of financial control and compliance
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post Secondary Education in a finance/business-related program required
- 4-10 years of progressive finance experience in an ERP environment (SAP preferred)
- Completion of professional accounting designation program (CGA, CA, CMA) preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work and drive improvements within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present financial information to non-financial functions.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and experience with SAP