The Investment Operations team is responsible for supporting the investment groups in transacting and operating in multiple products across various global markets and jurisdictions. The team operates and manages investment middle office functions critical to the life cycle events of various investment products resident in the portfolio.
The Senior Analyst plays a key role in overseeing the middle office workflows as it relates to global market requirements concerning public and private trade settlements, income entitlement, valuation practices and corporate changes associated with issuers, compliance & policy monitoring, and reconciliations.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for a combination of the below activities:
- Responsible for the book of record for public and private market transactions to ensure trade settlement, cash entitlements and forecasting, corporate actions, reconciliations, valuation, asset exposure reporting, performance measurement, and the sub-ledger are complete and accurate.
- Ensures operational activities for the assigned mandate are operating accurately and effectively. Review teamwork and validations per checklists to ensure work output is in line with internal procedures and policies. Maintain and update team checklists as required.
- Responsible for timely and accurate settlements of securities transactions and is an escalation resource for resolving trade and settlement issues with internal and external parties.
- Participate in operational due diligence for private investments as needed.
- Prepare management reports on a variety of subject matters including trade limit monitoring, compliance reporting, cash forecasting, asset exposures, and trade settlements. Analyze and explain any outliers and provide explanations as needed.
- Provide leadership and ongoing direction to staff to optimize team performance, conduct, teamwork, and morale. Provide supervision and technical guidance to the team members.
- Look for opportunities to streamline processes and better systems utilization. Contribute to an environment that supports changes for continuous improvement.
- Participate in the implementation of system upgrades and new applications. Develop test cases and perform testing on applications and newly developed reports.
- Enhance and update existing desk documentation of policy and procedures as it relates to areas of responsibility. Develop new documentation as required.
- Maintain a strong understanding of investment products and customer needs in order to respond quickly and accurately to questions and problems that arise.
- Provide inputs and information associated with audits and ensure completeness and accuracy.
- University degree in finance or another applicable discipline. Working towards a professional designation including CFA, CPA, and CGA.
- Minimum 7 years of investment operations experience with strong working knowledge of public market instruments. Exposure to private markets and derivative products will be an asset.
- Minimum 2-3 years of supervisory / management experience.
- Exposure to investment accounting, reporting, valuation, and audit control practices required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential to deal with all levels within the organization and external contacts. Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and problem-solving.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet deadlines. Needs to be flexible