Our client a leading financial institution seeks a Senior Manager, Internal Audit IT.
This position will also identify opportunities for data analytics, develop a data analytics program that is appropriate for the department and build data analytical capability within the audit team. This position partners with business and IT groups to identify areas of risk, make valuable recommendations on controls, and influence changes and decisions. The position has significant interaction with senior management, is an expert in auditing areas in Information Technology and plays a key role in the quarterly reporting to the Audit & Finance Committee and Senior Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for leading a team of IT audit professionals responsible for IT Applications Audits, Project Audits and Integrated Audits and /or overseeing all the stages of the audit – planning, execution, reporting and follow-up of observations.
- Ensures that IT audit engagements are completed in accordance with established standards and within prescribed time, budget and scope parameters and reports on the status of IT audit engagements.
- Assists with the preparation of the quarterly IT Internal Audit Reports for the Audit & Finance Committee and for Senior Management.
- Reviews working papers and ensures the work is of the highest quality, that areas of high risk and exposure have sufficient audit coverage.
- Manages the ongoing audit communications and relationship with audit clients. Resolves contentious issues with audit clients and reaches agreement on appropriate solutions.
- Ensures that IT audits reports are clearly written, credible, meet departmental standards and reports are issued as per planned timelines.
- Identifies opportunities for data analytics, creates a data analytics program which is appropriate for Internal Audit and builds data analytical capabilities in the audit team.
- Monitors and reports monthly on the status of remediation of IT audit observations. Review and approves the closure of audit observations and oversees the review of risk acceptances.
- Assists with the development of the annual audit risk assessment and annual audit plan.
- Contributes to direct reports’ professional development through coaching, providing performance assessments and training. Supports the audit team in the achievement of individual, divisional and team goals.
- Assists with the development of audit methodology and enhancement of audit processes.
- Provides subject matter expertise on application and project controls to clients and the Internal Audit Team.
- Keeps abreast and reports on emerging trends and issues in information technology.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of audit experience, which includes 8 years leading and managing Application Audits, Project Audits and Integrated Audits.
- An IT designation is required with a minimum of CISA. The preferred candidate may have more than one designation e.g. CPA, CA, CIA, CISSP, CISM.
- A degree in Information Systems or Accounting would be preferred.
- Knowledge of business operations and the underlying business applications in Capital Markets, Finance or Pension Administration would be an asset